Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY, how to build a backyard fire pit using brick and river rock...

This pic is that of the fire pit we have in our backyard.  It is made of brick and river rock.  It is definitely not perfect but is perfect for our family.  Outdoors I love the perfection of imperfections.  With some fire pits, they are made and done absolutely beautifully and flawless.  I, however, love the not so perfect setting outside.  When I think of a fire pit, I think of a ring made out of whatever is found lying around and that can retain the fire.  This rock can either be found or bought.  Depends on where you live and if you know anybody that has some.  The brick helps from the high intense heat the fire can bring about.  It will crack if too hot so the brick helps with that.  We already had the rock and brick so I just started to layer the rocks around the brick. It is not secured or mudded together so you can change the look at any time if you want. 


Keep coming back for new posts.  I will add new posts as I complete new projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment